Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dreck Girl



While taking a short break from writing my graphic novel, I decided to draw this cartoon that I've had kicking around in my head. The marketing of politics and politicians has been one of my recurring themes, and much to my delight, the wonderful Driftglass/Bluegal podcast took the marketing of Teabagger politics and Sarah Palin to its natural roots.

For those of you too young to remember, this cartoon is a mashup of a couple of shampoo TV commercials, Pantene and Breck.


Sarah Palin, John Bolton,Dick Nixon, John McCain, Bill O'Reilly, Karl Rove, Sam Alito, Pantene Shampoo, Breck Shampoo, Comix, comics, comixx, comic strips, editorial cartoons, cartoons, comic books, underground comix, satire, parody, Republicans, political cartoons, John Poindexter, Ollie North, G. Gordon Liddy, John Bolton, Ronald Reagan, Sarah Palin, Joe Lieberman, Zappadan, Frank Zappa, Richard Nixon, Bible Study, Bill O'Reilly, Zippy The Pinhead
Zencomix

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare you !
WHY I NEVER !

Mad Kane said...

Fun mashup. I confess, I'm old enough to remember both commercials.

zencomix said...

Hey Mad Kane, glad you liked it!